Mary Catherine Sexton a.k.a. "MC"
Mary Catherine’s early life might be the storyline behind a great movie: growing up Catholic in Chicago as one of eight kids, four girls and four boys, and just a bit of competition between them. But the way MC sees it, although winning is important, winning with integrity is the only time it really counts. MC still misses the Chicago skyline, one of the most beautiful in the world, but she’s had enough of the city’s snow and ice. Like most snow birds she migrated many years ago to warmer destinations including Scottsdale and Las Vegas, and still owns a timeshare in Key West, Florida. Southern California fits the same bill.
Mary Catherine is a voracious reader with over 1000 books on her Kindle, and plenty more paperbacks and hard cover books, on personal improvement, business topics and good novels. Other than reading she also enjoys baking, good wine (particularly Cakebread Cellars) and action movies like "Die Hard", "Lethal Weapon", "Fast and Furious" and the "Red" series. These activities complement Mary Catherine’s other passions which include spending time with family and close friends, learning and growing personally and professionally, and relaxing with good wine or coffee and a side of sunshine. She enjoys having fun while helping others, whether it’s a charitable endeavor or assisting associates reach their full potential.
"Always do what you say you are going to do" is Mary Catherine’s favorite Guiding Principle. She knows that building relationships based on trust is one of the most important things you can do, with family, friends and business associates alike. If you always do as you say, people will trust your word and will come back to you time-after-time for help and guidance.
- Evolution Hospitality, 2014 - Present - VP/Human Resources
- Viad Corp./Global Experience Specialists, Inc., 2001 - 2013 - Exec. VP, Global Human Resources and Labor Relations Counsel (GES), 2011 - 2013 - Chief Litigation and Operations Counsel (Viad Corp.), 2009 - 2010 - Chief Legal Counsel (GES), 2001 - 2009
- Hyatt Hotels Corporation/Hyatt Corporation, 1986 - 2001 - VP, Associate General Counsel, 1995 - 2001 - AVP, Associate General Counsel, 1991 - 1995 - Senior Counsel, 1989 - 1991 - Staff Attorney, 1986 – 1989
- 19th Judicial Court for Lake County, 1985-1986 - Staff Attorney
- Freelance legal work, 1983 - 1985