SCOTT ROBY a.k.a. "Robes"
Not many begin perfecting their professional acumen in the seventh grade. At age 12, Scott determined he wanted to help people leave their worries behind and experience their dream vacations. Clipboard in hand, he would accompany his dad on trips and get behind the scenes at huge hotels, making notes on how to run a hotel when he was in charge. That dream morphed into the strategic position of controlling supply versus demand and he now leads a revenue team with a variety of brand expertise, an international flare, and a global approach to revenue management.
But there are other things Scott is passionate about that are beyond his control. Name any sport and Scott will detail stats of his favorite team. His goal is to spark this same passion for competitive sports in his four daughters, providing them with the life lesson of what it's like to be an avid fan of something you cannot control. Scott also finds healing and rejuvenation in the ocean and beach, hiking and camping. It's in the simple things he finds most pleasure.
Scott's favorite Guiding Principle is "Test it... don't be afraid to fail." Scott feels this Guiding Principle challenges the Revenue Management team to jump in with both feet, to be bold and decisive, since great reward does not come without great risk.
- Evolution Hospitality, 2011 - Present - VP, Revenue Management
- Tarsadia Hotels, 2005 - 2010 - VP, Revenue Management, 2005 - 2010
- La Costa Resort & Spa, 2003 - 2005 - Director of Revenue Management
- Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines, 2001 - 2003 - Area Director of Revenue Management
- Hilton San Diego Resort, 1999 - 2001 - Director of Revenue Management